A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Junior Sous Chef at our 4 star hotel at Dunkeld House.
Job Type: Full-time.
- Assist the Head and Senior Sous Chef in the smooth running of the kitchen including, preparation, cooking and presentation of all foods.
- Maintain the consistency in the preparation of all food items according to hotel recipes and standards.
- In absence of Head and Senior Sous Chef, conduct shift briefings to ensure hotel activities and operational requirements are known.
- Assist with stock controls and delivery management and to assist with stocktaking as required.
- Store unused food properly to minimise waste and maximise quality.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all kitchen equipment, counter tops, and shelves.
- Assist in the development and planning of menus when required.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures including; health and safety regulations, sanitations and food hygiene.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience as a Junior Sous or at least two years’ experience of working as a Chef de Partie, working within a 4* / 5* star establishment.
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Rosette experience is not essential but would be advantageous.
- Strong coaching skills with the ability and desire to motivate the team.
- Flexible in terms of working hours as the role will involve working evenings and weekends.